During our Seminar with Lara this week, we took part in a Lash Deco Workshop focusing on Lash Pigmenting and experimenting with PAPERSELF lashes to enhance and add a modern twist to our Elizabethan Make Up ideas so far.
PAPERSELF are the world's leading wearable paper-art brand for lashes. Their paper eyelashes, are a unique design, created using special paper and intricate paper-cutting. They have been used at London, Milan, and Paris Fashion Week. Celebrities such as Anne Hathaway and Rihanna have been spotted wearing PAPERSELF lashes, not only on the lashes but also as nail accessories. The regular lashes can be worn in various ways to create different looks. You can either wear them in full to create a dramatic, extravagant look or trim the lash into smaller individual pieces to enhance the eyes on other ways.
Using these lashes to help enhance our chosen face chart looks was really interesting, and it was great to create a more abstract look than we have done previously. For this session I chose quite a simple complimentary colours look, as I thought this way the lashes would be the focal point of the look.
This is the final look created during the workshop, I applied a base following the usual methods (see my "Applying a Base" blogpost for step by step instructions!), however if I were to apply the base again, I would have made it slightly paler to enhance the colours further and to keep the Elizabethan theme. Then I went onto apply a simple green winged liner, my model Bryony had quite hooded eyes, so I had to thinly line the eyes, if I had more time I would of applied a simple green shadow to enhance the eyes further. After this, I contoured the cheekbones with a red cream blush, applied a baby pink blush, and also applied a vibrant red lipstick. To complete the look I applied my set of PAPERSELF lashes using duo lash glue, I just applied these to the outside corners of the top and bottom lashes as an accent, as I think if I had applied a whole strip this would have been too much, and taken away from the green liner. I was really pleased with the final outcome, the only things I would have changed would to have applied a slightly paler base and created a more vibrant green eye.
Other ways to use PAPERSELF lashes:
As I said at the beginning of this blog post, these lashes can be used anywhere, not just the eyes, to enhance your Make Up look. As an artist you could think about applying these lashes on the brows to create a textured effect, on the lips to add decoration, or even on the nails.
Lash Pigmenting:
As well as creating our PAPERSELF looks, we also had a quick demo on Lash Pigmenting. This is a great and simple way to add a hint of colour to the lashes, using just two products. You can make your own colour pigment, however you also can used a coloured mascara, Italian Cosmetics brand Kiko make great coloured mascaras.
Using these lashes to help enhance our chosen face chart looks was really interesting, and it was great to create a more abstract look than we have done previously. For this session I chose quite a simple complimentary colours look, as I thought this way the lashes would be the focal point of the look.
![]() |
| The look I created during the Lash Deco Workshop, green winged liner + red contour and lips. |
Other ways to use PAPERSELF lashes:
As I said at the beginning of this blog post, these lashes can be used anywhere, not just the eyes, to enhance your Make Up look. As an artist you could think about applying these lashes on the brows to create a textured effect, on the lips to add decoration, or even on the nails.
Lash Pigmenting:
As well as creating our PAPERSELF looks, we also had a quick demo on Lash Pigmenting. This is a great and simple way to add a hint of colour to the lashes, using just two products. You can make your own colour pigment, however you also can used a coloured mascara, Italian Cosmetics brand Kiko make great coloured mascaras.
- Choose your colour pigment, this can be any colour.
- Take a mixing medium, and mix the colour into the mixing medium.
- Using a flat brush so you are able to get right to the root of the lashes, sweep the colour from the root to the tip.


No comments:
Post a Comment