![]() |
| Face Chart Design 6 |
These images are my Final Three Face Charts I have designed in order to create a Contemporary Elizabethan look. This look here is another interpretation of my fifth Face Chart (shown in 'Face Chart with inspiration from PAPERSELF' post). I decided to keep to a white base to represent the alabaster skin tone, as I did previously, but change the colour theme of the look to red and green. To me, red and green really work well together, I also think portray royalty, they're very strong colours, much like Elizabeth was a strong women. The symbolic meaning of the colour red was of fire and was associated with power and importance. Green was also associated with the upper classes. After the base, I would apply a wash of green over the eyes, underneath the eyes too to pull the look together, and apply a thin layer of mascara. For the lips I wanted to create a subtle pinched ombre look, to bring attention to the lips, but not to take too much attention away from the eyes and brows. The brows would be the focal point of the loop, I would white them out and apply a red powder above them, then place a small section of the PAPERSELF lashes to the outside edges, to add a touch of subtle and elegant detail.
![]() |
| Face Chart Design 7 |
This is my least favourite face chart out of all my creations, as I think it is too contemporary and doesn't include enough Elizabethan elements. The main inspiration for this face chart was our 'Colour Contouring' workshop with Lara, I also wanted to design a Face Chart without any intricate detail to see what this kind of design would look like. I would start with a white base, and then contour the face strongly with a red powder or cream contouring product. The red liner would bring in a modern element, creating a cat eye shape, a style very common in today's Make Up world. Again, I created a soft ombre, red lip.
![]() |
| Face Chart Design 8- My Final Chosen Design |
This is my final Face Chart, and the one I have chosen for my partner to replicate on me for our assessment. I feel that this look brings in enough elements of both Contemporary and Elizabethan ideals. I have chosen to keep the base the colour of my natural skin tone, everywhere else apart from around the eye area, where I would like to use a white base and blend it out into the other base colour. I have chosen to do this so that the detail around the eyes stands out, as well as portraying the idea of the Elizabethan Alabaster base. I kept the eyes simple, using just a simple wash of green shadow on the lid and on the bottom lash line to pull the eye look together, and a thin coating of mascara on the lashes. I would contour lightly and apply a subtle blended red or baby pink blush. For the brows, I would fill the brows in normally, and using a stencil I have created, dust the pattern over the top of the brows with a red shadow, however I am also going to try and create the shape using ribbon so that it can flow through, into the hair. To finish the look, I would create a plum and red ombre lip. I chose the colours red and green as I feel particularly the red, really complimented my skin tone and hair colour, as well as being common Elizabethan colours.



No comments:
Post a Comment