Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Face Charts with Inspiration from PAPERSELF Workshop- Contemporary Elizabethan Designs (2)

After a really interesting workshop using PAPERSELF lashes as part of our look, we were instructed to create two face charts to consider using for our final Contemporary Elizabethan Design, sourcing inspiration from the art deco look of the lashes that we used.  I really liked the idea of incorporating some intricate patterns and decorations into our designs, as actually the Elizabethans were known for loving bold prints, and you often saw their outfits covered in complex decoration. 


Face Chart Design 4


This is the first face chart that I created,  I kept with the complimentary colour scheme of red and green that I incorporated into one of my first face chart designs, not only does red give a bold pop of colour, but during the Elizabethan times red and crimson colours were only worn by the highest nobility in the land.  In my previous face charts, I only used green for a simple winged liner, however after practising I thought the green could have been a little bolder, so instead tried using two shades of green shadow to create a vibrant, more defined eye.  To bring in some more Elizabethan reference, I would keep the base the natural colour of my models skin tone, apart from round the eyes where I would add a white base in order for the decoration around the eye to stand out further, this didn't really translate onto the face chart as well as I'd hoped.  To finish the look I would add a flush of a baby pink blush, and create an ombre lip using two shades of red, the darker claret colour on the outside and the brighter red in the middle to give a fuller effect. 




Face Chart Design 5

For this chart I not only used inspiration from our PAPERSELF workshop but also our practical with Sue when we learnt how to apply a pure white base, and use this to also white out the lashes and brows.   For this look I would buff in a white base to create the common, very pale Elizabethan complexion, also whitening the brows and lashes.  I would take a blue shadow, which represented royalty, and shade the top of the brows to create a base for the decorative pattern.  I would translate this blue colour onto the lips also, create a pinched ombre effect, as the Elizabethans only really used a slight flush of colour.  I would contour with orange, the complimentary colour of blue, to give that more modern feel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment