Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Make Up Practical Week 7- Full Elizabethan Look (2)

This week in our practical, as we had learnt to create a Full Elizabethan Make Up look the week before, we were given a choice of two contemporary looks to recreate.  The image below of Lily Cole was the look I chose., as my model had a fairly pale complexion and mousy brown hair, I thought this look would suit her best. 




  • To start the look, I cleansed, toned and moisturised the face.  Elly's skin was very dry, so I made sure that her skin was moisturised particularly well.
  • I then went onto apply Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Foundation in white, making sure this was really buffed in so it didn't look almost clown like.  Unfortunately as Elly's skin was so dry, I found the foundation very hard to buff in and that it stuck to any patches of dry skin on the face.  After this, I powdered with a translucent powder, rolling it onto the face with a puff.  For the blush, which I found was placed in a very circular shapes just on the apples of the cheeks, I used a coral blush.
  • To white out Elly's brows, I took some white foundation on the back of my hand, and using a disposable mascara wand brushed this first through the brows in the opposite direction of hair growth, then brushed them back down to make sure they were fully covered and shaped nicely.  
  • For the shadow, I used the same colour as the blush, sweeping the colour just over the bottom half of the lid with a small, short, brush.  I used the same technique  as the brows to white out the lashes, making sure I covered them right from the root to the tip of the lashes.  To clean up any smudges of white foundation, I used a small cotton bud. 
  • To complete the look, I lined the lips with a dark lip pencil, then filled the lips in with a browny/orange shade of lipstick, making sure that the liner was blended into the lip colour.  Looking at the image, it seems that there is a slightly metallic shade in the centre of the bottom lip.  So I took a shimmery shade, and placed this sparingly in the centre of the bottom lip.



No comments:

Post a Comment