After learning the basics of Colour Theory in Lara's Seminar, we were directed to create some face charts, all incorporating different colour schemes, for our Contemporary Elizabethan look. This was my first time actually creating a full face chart, so was an interesting experience working out exactly the best ways to apply the product to create the most realistic interpretation of what I wanted to achieve for my looks! Here are my ideas:
Complimentary Colour Scheme:
![]() |
| Face Chart Design 1 |
This is my contemporary Elizabethan look, using a complimentary colour scheme. I decided to use red and green, as red was a very commonly used colour back then, however the green adds the modern edge to the look. I wanted to keep the eyes minimal, sticking to the traditional Elizabethan ideals, so added a chic flicked green liner to to top lash line to give the eyes that little bit of definition without being too heavy. I also kept the skin still very porcelain, but wanted to add a subtle contour to bring out the bone structure of the face, as the white foundation would have made made the Elizabethan women's faces look very flat. I used a light pencil to fill in the brows, making sure that they had a high arch, although you can't see it particularly well in this photo, I also added a very pale green highlight under the brow bone. For the cheeks and lips I stuck to the traditional red colour, giving the cheeks a nice rosy glow using a cream blush. For the lips, I used two shades of red to create an almost ombre lip, a style popular in today's world. This allowed me to stick to the much used red, but with adding extra detail and definition that the Elizabethans would not have been able to achieve.
Monochromatic Colour Scheme:
![]() |
| Face Chart Design 2 |
Here I have created a look using a monochromatic colour scheme, as some of the colours are quite pale, thy have not shown up particularly well on the photo. To start the look off, I wanted to create an alabaster base with a slight, very subtle red contour. For the brows I wanted to create a high arch with a lot of texture, so would brush them up and use a pink paint to fill them in and create my desired colour. I again, created a winged liner, using red.
For the cheeks, I brushed a pale pink colour from through the apples of the cheeks upwards, and to finish the look used a dark red colour on the lips.
Analogous Colour Scheme:
This is the most abstract look I created on my face charts, using three colours that are side by side on the colour wheel. I again, kept the skin very pale, using a baby pink blush across the cheeks to give the skin a bit of colour, the Elizabethans used to use red, but I used pink to create a softer, more sculpted look to the face. For the eyes, I swept a pink shade of shadow over the lid, keeping it simple, with a slightly darker, purple tone through the crease for definition. I would add a coat of mascara, but not much as the eyes were very minimal and I still want to keep some traditional ideals. I created a purple arched brow using a purple shadow, I could use a grease, however I believe this could look too harsh with the minimalistic eyes. The lips are the main focus of the look for me, I created a heart shape using a red lipstick to add an abstract, modern twist on the typical red lip.



No comments:
Post a Comment