Having had a little look through both of these books at the library, I now can't wait to get them myself! Not only are they great for gaining some inspiration for our projects, but each book has its own unique way of helping us to further our understanding of the techniques we've learnt, and other techniques we're going to learn in the future.
Image Credit: kitsch by kat: kat tales: beauty book club. (Online) Available at: http://kitschbykat.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/kat-tales-beauty-book-club.html. Accessed 27 October 2013.
This page of the book particularly caught my eye, the first thing that I found really interesting was the Elizabethan edge to Marilyn Monroe's book. Although the look of course has contemporary ideals, she has the pale skin, and I absolutely love the contrast of the deep red lip against this. The colour red was also seen as a very regal colour during the Elizabethan Age. The other thing I admire about Aucoin's book are his simple but inspiring tutorials, he goes through the look step by step using pictures to accompany this, as students I'm sure these books will help us build our skills and confidence in techniques that we have learnt in class, but also with experimenting outside of Uni!
Image Credit: Nars Make Up Your Mind | Canadian Beauty. (Online) Available at: http://canadianbeauty.com/nars-make-up-your-mind/. Accessed 27 October 2013.
I really enjoyed looking through 'Making Up Your Mind', Francois Nars obviously isn't afraid of using and experimenting with colour, so after our 'Colour Contour" workshop with Lara, this book has given me inspiration to experiment with more colour in my future looks.

No comments:
Post a Comment